Friday, May 22, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 112


The sky is grey and corpse pale today.  It must be affecting my mood.

I went out and tried to sing a melancholy song, but wow, the world was against me.  I either forgot the words, or the camera fell over in mid-line (I at least kept that one as an outtake), or somebody started drilling next door (finally, I just went home after that continued).  And then, I tried to watch it to see if it was acceptable, and I still had a hard time looking at my face.

Part of it is that I'm used to seeing myself straight on in a mirror, and seeing me from other angles is always jarring.  The other part of it is that I've never liked to see myself.  I'm highly critical of my posture, the set of my mouth, and various scars and such that are visible at certain angles.  And another weird reason is that because my brother and I have really similar features (the poor guy), I always feel like I'm looking at footage of him instead of myself.  Strange, no?


I got plenty of sit-ups in today, doing them with my nine year old nephew, doing some myself, and then sitting down to do some with my twelve year old nephew.  If every day was like this, I think I'd enjoy seeing myself in the mirror a little more.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups Total: 1045 (reached my goal)

Anyway, I still have time to write, but I haven't done it yet.  I did finish editing a story of mine for an upcoming Outcast episode, and that's always nice.

Aw, fudge it.  I'm going to go ahead and upload that lil blooper here, just to reward you for hanging in there.  Hope it was worth the half hour it took to get the darn thing up here (file size exceeded?  What?).


My birthday's in a few weeks and I thought I might get a new phone then, one that can take selfies and run apparently-cutting edge apps like Zoom, eBay, and Discord.  But the above seems to want to speed the timeline along.

I did end up writing a little bit, updating Big over texts every hundred words or so.  He was quite the cheerleader, urging me on until I reached a thousand words.  He had fifteen hundred words today, though, so I don't quite compare.  But ah well.

Words Today: 1235
Words In May: 21,655
Words Total: 142,884

By the end of the week, I should be at 150k, which is halfway to Big's goal, and well beyond any I ever set.  Not bad, for a cold, grey, miserable day.

No comments: