Saturday, May 16, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 106


Today was Saturday, and I don't feel like I accomplished much of anything (besides working until early afternoon, I mean . . . but I do that anyway).

I got it into my head to sit down and record myself performing a story and upload it to YouTube, so I went to the park and got out one from 2013 or so.  I was never happy with it, so I looked it over to see if I could somehow fix it.  Well, I couldn't (did add a few bits to it which certainly make it longer), but I thought maybe I'd get Big Anklevich on the phone and see if he wanted to record it with me and it could be a Dunesteef episode instead of just going up on YouTube.  Or both.

He said he was willing, but his son's in town this week, so they'll be hanging out for a while.  Maybe I could do another story on my own this week.  Hey, that's two performances for you, and only twice the work for me!

I told my nephews I'd watch a movie with them, and the twelve year old suggested TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, which I flat-out refused to watch with him (bottom-of-the-barrel Michael Bay 'formers movie *plus* Mark Wahlberg?), so then they put on, of all movies, DADDY'S HOME 2.  I never saw the first one, but I was willing to sit and at least start watching it with them, based on the strength of the trailer (I really liked the bit with John Lithgow as Will Ferrell's dad and Mel Gibson as Mark Wahlberg's dad).

And you know what?  I watched the whole thing, and I really enjoyed it.

And yes, I cried.  You may say, "Rish, you cried watching DADDY'S HOME 2?  Perhaps you deserve to die alone after all."  To which I reply, "Well, maybe I'll die alone *because* I cried during DADDY'S HOME 2.  How do you like them apples?"

Sigh.

Sit-ups Today: 40
Sit-ups Total: 579

Words Today: 1009
Words In May: 16,283

P.S. I'm about to stop posting one of these each day.


Day 46. "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails (basically anything by NIN).

No comments: