Saturday, May 02, 2020

12 Goals For 2020 - April


1.  Publish "The Calling: Reunion."
    The text file is out there.  I re-uploaded the files for Audible just this week.  We'll see what they say this time.
2.  Do Dunesteef Patreon with Big.
   Like I said last month, we did talk about it.  I told him I wasn't interested in pursuing it right now.
3.  Find Out Who Sings "I'm A Bad Liar" Song.
   Imagine Dragons.  I don't think I've heard that song this whole month.
3a. Put Out "Tales of eBay Horror" Episodes.
   I found my camera in March, and transferred one of the files off.  Haven't done anything with it, though.
4.  Finish "Balms & Sears" Novella.
    This one is going to be an immense amount of work.  As are most projects where the bulk of the work has been done in a notebook, it takes hours of concentrated effort to get it all typed up and ready to put out.  And this one I didn't even finish, so it looks unlikely at this time.  As it stands, it's a story I like, with a truly decent main character (much like Will Choner in "Lost & Found"--and that one is more likely to get a sequel before I finish the last ten pages or so of this one).
5.  Publish EITHER "A Sidekick To Miracles" or "YIGH" (Lara and the Witch 2).
   I got "You're In Good Hands" published this month.  I got right on the audiobook and sent it to Audible for their approval.
   Big also created a cover for the two stories together that I'll reveal here:
As soon as Audible accepts it (which might not be for months), I have an Outcast episode ready to go where I talk about it.  It would be better sooner than later.
6.  Finish "Podcatcher" short story.
    Nada.
7.  Do BOTH "Empire Strikes Back" and "Death Star Day" Episodes of "Delusions of Grandeur." 
   Marshal and I recorded our "Death Star Day" episode, and I started editing it this week.  It won't be really soon, but it'll be soon.
8.   Publish EITHER "My Friend of Misery" or audio version of "A Lovely Singing Voice."
    Nope.  I opened one of them on my recording computer, with the intention of starting on it, but never got to it.
9.  Do "Till Death Do Us Meet" Episode With Marshal Latham.
    Marshal had four of us do a recording over Skype of this, and we'll see when that drops.  There's a chance I'll have him on the Outcast for a "Play In My Sandbox"-type episode.
10.  Put Out Christmas Story Collection.
    I recorded one Christmas story in April, and wrote most of a new one.  That's not exactly progress on this goal, but it's something.
11.  Put Out Audio Collection 4.
     Gino created the cover for this one.  I could, technically, have it done and submitted to Audible in May.  If I wanted to.
12.  Put Out TWO New "Dead & Breakfast" Stories.
     This one is done.  I put out "The Old Man & Me" in February, and "Fatherless Child" in March.  I intended to get "Three-Time Visitor" recorded in April, but it's just too much work.  I considered doing one of the shorter ones instead, but nothing so far.
     Oh, here's the cover Gino did me for "Fatherless Child."  What do you think?

Let's look at what I have accomplished, writing-wise, in 2020 so far:
1.  Three-Time Visitor (D&B)
2.   Fisher & Florence (follow-up to "A Mark on the Sky")
3.   Comics Trip (Fantasy)
4.   Troubled Child (Fantasy)
5.   Fatherless Child (D&B)
6.   Never Let Him Go (D&B)
7.   The Last Friday In December (D&B)
8.   A Sidekick's Errand (Western)
9.   Comics Trip (screenplay version)
10.  A Sucker For Mystery (D&B, formerly known as "Who You Gonna Call?")
11.  Untitled meteorite story  (Horror)
12.  Meet the New Clerk, Same As the Old Clerk (D&B)
13.  Pizza Place Story (formerly Little Caesars story)
Wow, that means I only finished one story in the whole month of April.  If I gave even half a damn, I'd finish either my Christmas Ornament story (I'm thinking of calling it "That's the Spirit") or my Mason/Rowan story.  But ah well, May can only improve, right?
Unless it stays the same.

No comments: