Monday, May 18, 2020

I Narrate "Like A Bird From The Sky" on StarShipSofa

Didn't think it would happen either.
StarShipSofa



So, I perform the story "Like A Bird From The Sky" by Alexis Ames.  A cool name.

I like this story quite a bit.  It takes place during The Great War, and I wasn't sure whether to do the main character as American or English (so I did it both ways, and decided that, technically, he should be English).  The only American character is a man who died the year before, and I tried to do a very distinctive voice for him, pressing a wheeze into my down-home country accent, speaking a little bit like my father did after his surgery, right before he died.  Audio enables me to create a whole array of characters--it's kind of a superpower.

Anyway, check it out at this LINK.

No comments: