Monday, May 04, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 94

Mondays are busy for me.  Solomon Grundy was born on a Mundy.


Didn't get much of anything non-work-related done today.

I thought I might art-imitates-life and have Mason Bradley in my new D&B story write a song for Natalie's birthday, give the lyrics to a friend of his who has a band to do the music for, and never actually give her the song.  Then I thought it would be fun to have the band upload a demo of it onto YouTube, only the girl's name has been changed to Adelaide.  I wish I were more musical, 'cause I'd totally try and do a tune for it and actually sing it in the audiobook.

Well, I did that with the chalupa song in "Chalupadale, Next Exit," and that continues to amuse me to this day (see most recent Storage Unit Serenade), so, you never know.

Despite my busy-ness, I took the boys to the park, and brought my laptop.  My nephew is clever enough now, at age twelve, to say, "If you take us to the park, you can sit and write while we fish."  In his mind, it's a win-win.  And in mine as well, truth be told.

I'm in the park right now, sitting beneath a tree while my nephews try to catch goldfish in what we affectionately call "the dirty pond."  I'm writing a bit on a story (an old one that I hadn't realized I'd opened on this thing), and I looked over and there's a blonde girl sitting about 150 away, not in the shade, reading her phone, enjoying the sun's rays.  My eyesight's not good enough to know if she's attractive or not, but my brain says, "Of course she is.  You think an unattractive girl would sit out under the a tree, basking in the sun?"  Hard to argue with him.

I had texted Big my words-in-progress total when I left the park, and thought it was just over seven hundred.  He told me on his drive home that he was around eleven hundred.  I copy-and-pasted my words for the day into the counter program, and found that it was barely six hundred words.  Somehow, I hadn't written as much as I thought I had.

So I sat down and forced myself to do some work on my Christmas story, which sits at around 7500 words so far, and when I glanced up, it was after midnight.  And you know the law: after midnight, you've got to let it all hang out.  So I copied my words for the night and pasted them . . . and was quite impressed with the number.  I think I may have miscounted before.

Now I get to go running, but alas, my new friend with the skateboard is probably not out this late tonight.  Just when we were hitting it off.

Words Today: 1497
Words Total: 3569


Sit-Ups Today: 30
Sit-Ups Total: 130

No comments: