Monday, May 11, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 101

I don't want to write today.  I don't want to blog today.  I don't even want to go running today.*

But I sure wanted to go hiking yesterday.  After the family get-together for Mother's Day was over, even though it was getting late, I jumped in the car and meant to hit the nearest mountain--the one I climbed back in March sometime.  But then I remembered the make-out point Big Anklevich had mentioned to me that same night, and that it had been blocked off for the winter when I went there in April, and I turned left, and headed there again.

I like this because it looks like Yavin IV behind me.

This time, the road was open, so I drove on in, but did not drive all the way up there.  I parked my car at the place I stopped hiking last time, so I could see how much farther I would have had to go to get to the top.  And it would've been a lot further to go.  For the next two hours, I hiked, and some friendly motorist actually pulled over and asked me--a stranger in a pandemic--if I wanted a ride to the top.  I told him I was trying to get exercise, so he went on his way, and I was glad I hadn't taken him up on it . . . because he turned out to be the Springdale Sodomist!!

No, no, just because it was less than a mile more up before I reached the top, and the parking lot there that overlooks the city where so many cherries have been popped that they had a Swing band concert up there in 2001 . . . with, ironically enough, the band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy being the one booked, and it was nice to know I made it on my own.

Then I went hiking from there.

See that little trail up the mountain?  Walk it with me.

Unfortunately, I was so tired when I got back to my car that I recorded my thoughts so I wouldn't have to type them when I got home.

Good thinking, kid.**

I tried to get myself and the city below in this one.  Only took five tries.

If you want to listen to a report, here it be:



Sit-ups Today: 40
Sit-ups Total: 369

Not a lot of words today either (I was writing a conversation between Natalie and Meeshelle, who aren't normally in scenes together.  Guess that makes me a misogynist.  Maybe I'll have them not talk about Mason at all in their interaction, just to try and be less so).  Tomorrow I'll do better.

Words Today: 355
Words Total: 11,629

P.S. Ugh.  Why do I post one of these each day?


Day 41. Probably "Material Girl" by Madonna.

*I took my nephew to the park and we ran around it twice and did the stairs twice, and I currently smell like an old gym sock, so I think Bossk with forgive me for saying I did my jog for the day.  Though I MIGHT still go out around midnight or so.  Remains to be seen.

**Unfortunately, I'm too tired again to post it here AND write my words, so I'll put in the audio tomorrow, and focus on getting just a few more words before I--shoot, I have to do sit-ups too.  Dang.  I'll go do that now.

No comments: