Saturday, May 09, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 99


A part of me would love it--LOVE IT--if I failed to write today, right here on the eve of a hundred days in a row.  Is my subconscious that cruel?

Tomorrow is my hiking day, which I really look forward to, but it is also Mother's Day, and I imagine that will take up a lot of the day.  Only time will tell.

Today, I surprised myself by going to the park, putting out a blanket, and writing a thousand words.  Then I went home, pumped up the tire on my bike, and went on my longest ride yet, all the way to the entrance to the lake on the outskirts of town, which they now charge even to ride a bike around.  Riding a bike isn't at all like jogging is--I've always liked to ride my bike, and bought this one as a direct result of being fired from my job a couple of years back and knowing I'd have to do something positive with my free time.

"Free time?" I hear you say.  "What's that?"

Well, that's what you're wasting at this very minute, reading the blog of some guy who's way less cool than you.

Sit-ups Today: 37
Sit-Ups Total: 299

I got home and thought I'd add a paragraph or two to what I'd written, and ended up typing another pretty good segment of Mason talking to Rowan on the phone.  As I've said before, Mason is just a more decent version of me (or maybe that guy Tanner I sometimes see him as, who is moving away in June, so I guess we won't ever be friends), so I'm not sure he's handling being the object of someone's affections in the same way as I would.  But it's fun putting him in this position, and part of me wants him to make a selfish choice and just foolishly pursue whatever he feels like doing, because that's something that even a good person has done a time or two.  We'll see.

I also wrote a sketch that I thought might be funny, but you never know.  Maybe it will amuse someone out there, maybe not, but I am still counting it as words written.

Words Today: 1894
Words In May: 10,191

P.S. Why do I post one of these each day?

Day 39. "Everlasting Love" covered by U2 in 1989.
This was actually the first version of the song I ever learned.  I believe it was the B-side of "All I Want Is You," and I actually bought the overpriced import single so I could have it (radio played it all the time anyway, though).

No comments: