Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 110

It was gross and overcast today, with temperatures in the fifties (and about forty now with intermittent rain and cold winds).  I'm trying to force myself to write right now so that I don't feel worthless when the day is over.

I recorded a podcast last night (don't know where/if I'll use it, though) where I thought about trying to explore romance in the two stories I'm currently writing (the first is the overlong "Only Have Eyes For You" piece, where Mason may or may not get it on with the girl that likes him, and the other is the "Lara and the Witch" story I came up with the other day, where she falls in love with a boy and everything goes swimmingly . . . but can she trust it?  Can she allow herself to be happy?), and I thought it would be good to stretch myself with these two different-but-same romantic subplots.

Well, the day ended, and I did take my laptop outside for a few minutes to try to write.  I thought it would be fun to watch the sun go down while I worked, but it really was chilly, so I only got about three hundred words in before I turned tail and fled.

I was recording a podcast with Marshal tonight concerning the story he wrote in the "Dead & Breakfast" series, so I made sure to get in a run and sit-ups before that time came.  I even sat back down and wrote a little more, and before I knew it, I had a thousand words.  Big Anklevich got nearly 1200 today, though, so he's pulled way ahead of me.

Sit-ups Today: 90
Sit-ups Total: 895

Words Today: 1158
Words In May: 19,218

P.S. This marks the last of my seven weeks of posting these:

Day 50.  Well, obviously, "Everything I Wanted" by Billie Eilish.  How could it be anything else?

No comments: