Thursday, May 21, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 111


One-hundred-eleven.  I like the look of that.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK turned forty today.  That movie is better every time I watch it.

Anyhow, I'm still pretty tired of writing, but I've found that I wake up before my alarm nowadays no matter how late I stay up, so I haven't any excuse for not writing as much as I should.

On the other hand, I got lots of exercise today, including a three mile bike ride at ten, and my normal run at 12:30pm.  I also got some writing in.

Sit-ups Today: 50
Sit-ups Total: 945

Mostly, it was on this project that I had abandoned last year* where I flooded the dining room and went downstairs and found water dripping through the ceiling.  I loved the idea of discovering something hidden in the ceiling that had been left by a previous tenant, but I never got any feeling about what it should be the guy discovers.  Well, while I was mowing the lawn, I started thinking about a guy that gets a rather life-changing superpower, and decided to combine the two ideas.  So I wrote up most of what was on my mind.  I despaired to Big Anklevich, though, that I couldn't count it as writing, and he said, "I talked to the judges, and they said you could count it."  So I did.

I appreciate those judges.  Except my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.

Words Today: 1202
Words In May: 20,420

*One of my goals for May was to work on an abandoned story.

No comments: