Saturday, May 23, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 113


This is Memorial Day weekend, and my sister mentioned that she wanted to go to the family cabin (which has been snowed in up to this point), but has to work tonight (Saturday) until six am.  But I told her that I would wake up and drive down with her at six-thirty, and we could at least spend Sunday and some of Monday there.  It means I won't get to go on my hike, but it might mean I can finally sit down and record "Rest Stop" in the snow like I somehow forgot to do when there was snow around here.

But it got really cold last night, and rained all night (my nightly run was, honestly, the hardest one I'd had to endure in weeks, because the wind was blowing and the icy rain stung my face for more than half a mile . . . but I forced my way through it, and even managed to somehow get sweaty by the time I got back home), and if it rains here, that means snow at the cabin.  My brother was going to go down today, but he thought there would be a foot or more of new snow, and had no desire to slog through that, especially when it's supposed to get up to the nineties next week.

But my sister still really wants to go, so we'll be up before the sun, and I may enjoy a day and a half away.  I really ought to pack, do some sit-ups, write a few more words, and do my run, because six is going to be here really soon.

Sit-ups Today: 80
Sit-ups Total: 1125

Gonna go ahead and publish like this.  Probably won't get any more daily posts until late Monday.

Words Today: 1029
Words In May: 22,684

No comments: