Saturday, May 02, 2020

May Sweeps - Day 92


Not much to report today.  Got a lot of work done, went out and got Taco Bell with my mom and sister.  Drove around, doing a podcast (editing it now).  And very, very little writing.  I don't suppose I'll start this month ahead of last month, but that's okay.  I have other priorities sometimes.

Still, I'd like to have written a bit more than I did.  I jotted down a few words, then did my run (today's was a good one--my ankles didn't hurt much at all, and though there was one bit where I was gasping like a beached goldfish, I didn't allow myself to stop, and was rewarded with those endorphins Big told me about and a sauna's worth of sweat.  Oh, and I saw my pal the skateboarder, out practicing his shredding skills, and if he had asked me to run away with him, I'd have never come home), then never really went back to writing.

I even opened up my Christmas ornament story, thinking the change of pace would do me good, but I stopped after one paragraph.  Honestly, I've written more on this blog here than I have all day.

Words Today: 460
Words In May: 1471

Oh no . . . massive sidetrip coming.

A person I know's sister just got engaged (I don't know if it was a week ago or what, all sense of time has now gone out the window.  Have you noticed that?), and for some reason--madness, assuredly--I checked out the Vlog they started putting up on YouTube, to document their engagement/relationship/descent into mania.  And it was just them in glorious HD, all over each other, mugging for the camera, making funny faces and doing obnoxious voices, and them doing a hike together, jumping around, kissing and eating . . .

. . . and like I said, I should not have watched this thing.  It was a little bit sickening, and also a little bit like a starving Nigerian man watching one of those Fourth of July hot dog-eating contests they sometimes show on ESPN.*

And I thought: these two are going on road trips and such every week of the, I dunno, five weeks before their wedding (yeah, it was one of those) . . . what if they go to the haunted bed and breakfast?  What might befall them there?**

While I was doing my sit-ups tonight--oh, that reminds me:
Sit-Ups Today: 35
Sit-Ups Total: 65 

So, while I was doing my sit-ups tonight, I thought about writing a story where a thinly-disguised version of this couple goes to the bed and breakfast, and are terrorized by ghosts, preferably while they are recording one of these overly-grabby Vlogs.  Maybe that's petty of me, but I'll take inspiration where I can find it.

Of course, Marshal wrote a story about a honeymooning couple that go to the b&b and the groom gets his face kicked in by the ghost of her ex-boyfriend, so I'm not sure this story absolutely needs to be told.  We'll see.

P.S. I'm still posting one of these each day:

Day 32. Okay, this time I'll go with "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.
As in, "What? Friends listen to Endless Love in the dark."

*Fudge, I don't know if they do it a lot or not, except for once I saw it on ESPN, like, the only time I turned it to that channel not to watch one of their cool documentaries.

**And don't get me wrong: I don't hate 'em or anything.  If I looked like they do, I could be forgiven of just about anything (I'm serious, it's like two Banana Republic poster models met while doing a photoshoot and fell in love, and decided to only wear matching BR outfits for the rest of their courtship), but it was a bit much (and frankly, I was surprised there were zero Thumbs Down on their video.  But I guess it only went up today, so here's hoping), and a bit too twee, if I'm using that right.

No comments: