Friday, May 01, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 91


Today is the first of May, and I haven't written any words today.  Not sure if I will, but there's something about the start of a new month that's like the start of a new year . . . the possibilities are . . .well, not endless, since it's me, but pretty open.

I mentioned to Big the other day that in the television biz, there are three Sweeps months: November, February, and May.  So, all of a sudden, we're in a month it makes sense to call Sweeps. 

I spoke to him on the phone for a while today, and he suggested I type my word count into The Magic Spreadsheet, which is a Google Docs file that keeps track of your words, so I don't have to do the math myself, and we can see each other's progress.  I spent an hour and went through my April entries and entered them in . . . and the word count it came up with was totally different from the count I came up with.  And since it was a higher number, I decided to go with the Magic Spreadsheet version.

One of my goals for May is to do sit-ups every day and tabulate the total at the end of the month.  Maybe I should put that in the Spreadsheet as well.
Sit-Ups Today: 30
Sit-Ups In May: 30

So, a little inspiration struck while I was running last night, and I've decided my Mason/Rowan story will be called "Only Have Eyes For You."  It might have to change, if I got the title of that old song wrong, but it totally works for what the story is about.  I wonder if I will ever be happy again (and if not, whoa, what is the point of going on, seriously???), but finishing this damned story would point me in the right direction (I checked, and it's already over twenty thousand words).

I changed the profile picture on my blog today.  It was a really good photo I asked a stranger to take of me standing in front of the Chicago River in 2018, but I switched it out with a selfie I took recently, but using one of those turn-your-photos-into-a-painting programs I am so fond of.  First I tried it with a picture of my muse, and then I thought better of it, and uploaded my own photo.

This was the first result:


I'm not sure where all the yellow comes from.  Cowardice, I suppose.

This one really amuses me:


This is another interesting take:
The oranges are fun.

Gosh, I wish I liked my face more (but more than that, I wish other people liked it more), so I could do this for hours and upload the results.  Sigh.

This is the one I decided to go with:


Which is weird, but I like it (my eyes are not quite that blue in real life, though my neck is definitely that green). 

Words Today: 1011

P.S. Each day I post one of these (and I couldn't let it end at 30):

Day 31. I'm gonna have to go with "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People.
I once heard a song on the radio that I thought, "Hey, that's pretty good," and then the DJ said it was Foster The People, and I hung my head in shame.

No comments: