Thursday, February 06, 2020

Storage Unit Serenade

So, today, Big Anklevich posted a video I made last week on Facebook.  I was mortified.  It was a video (like the one I recorded yesterday, before my phone died) intended to (hopefully) inspire and/or cheer up somebody who needed it.  But I was sure that, out of context, it would be sure to make me look like a rhino's pooper.

I called Big to ask him to take it down, and he--somehow--convinced me that he had been right to put it up.  He said that he thought that it was cool, and that nobody would make fun of it.  So, still it rides.

But that reminds me of what I mentioned a couple of days ago, that I should try to record myself singing a song every time I go to the storage unit (which is usually weekly), and more importantly, post it online (for people to mock, if they so desire).  It might go a ways toward making me a bit better at putting myself out there, and at least pretend to be confident.

You don't HAVE to watch it, but here goes . . .


2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

I guess you don't want me to post this one on Facebook then? Watch out Rish, I'm going to pull you out of your shell one way or another. Even if it's kicking and screaming...or singing at a storage unit.

Rish Outfield said...

You may not know how difficult this is for me--putting myself out there in an easily-mockable fashion. It's why I love audio (and Fake Sean Connery) since I can pretend to be somebody who is confident, and gives zero craps what some doof in Arkansas thinks of him.