Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 26


Well, whadda you know?  I finished that Ben Parks story.  I still remember coming up with it while mowing the back lawn at my dad's house (this would've been 2018), and being excited enough that I ran inside and made notes about it before I drove up to my cousin's.

Of course, it's also the same story I considered writing back in 2015, when Big Anklevich first suggested I write a follow-up to "Birth of a Sidekick."  So, that's kind of nice.*  Better late than never?

I saw this on Instagram today, and loved it.  Still do.


After finishing, I figured I had done fine for the day.  But I sat myself down and wrote a few more words on the horror story I started the other day (and hadn't worked on since the 19th).  I got 838 words, and then jotted down a couple ideas for the Little Caesar's story I pitched to Big A. a decade or so ago (and that he remembers more than I do).  It's a story that is missing something, mostly about the dissolution of a friendship, and I can't figure out if there should be a B-story going on at the same time, or if the friendship should be the B-story.  Either way, I'm not ready to write it yet, darn it.

If and when I finish my Horror story (which could be as soon as tomorrow, if I have another crazy writing day in me), maybe I should turn to that one.

There's only a few days left in the month.  Hopefully, March will be productive too.

Words Today: 2,440
Words Total: 42,273

*All I gotta do is format it, read it over again, and take a picture of my nephew wearing a cowboy hat for a cover, and I've got another lil "Sidekick" story I can sell.  Oh, and I've got to title it.  I'm not sure if "A Sidekick's First Mission" is quite what I'm looking for.

2 comments:

Journey Into... said...

How about "A Sidekick's Second Chance," since this is his first official mission after the Lean Rider died.

Rish Outfield said...

That's what I wanted to call "A Sidekick's Journey," and always regretted not finding a word that means "second chance."

This one is a much lesser story than that, and not an official mission at all (just a chance to tag along on one). Is there a word that means "proving?" Like "A Sidekick Proves Himself?"