Tuesday, February 04, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 4


Listened only to Adele this morning. Didn't cry once. Progress!

I dunno if you have an inner voice that's constantly telling you how worthless you are. If not, then maybe God doesn't feel like talking to you. This is what my inner voice was saying today (courtesy of Obvious Plant):

But this is the month I'm writing every day, and doing my darndest to have a positive attitude, even though I sure am on a Coney Island coaster of emotions . . . and it's likely there are sections missing from the track.

Last week (it might have been Friday), I was at the library, working furiously to finish a story, when I actually ran out of time on the library computer. A part of me thought, "Why not go over and pay to get another hour, so you can finish this thing?" But I was worried that I'd lose my work if I did that (at this point, the computer was alerting me that I had three minutes left and I should save my work--ie, email it to myself). Now, it's not one of my great regrets--heck, not even from that day--but I wonder why I didn't just pay to sit there longer, and finish the piece*, since I was on a roll and in the Writing Zone ("you're traveling to another dimension... traveling alone, of course...").

Next time that happens, I'm going to go the extra mile, man up, take the road less traveled, and gird up my loins to keep writing.

I drove over to the library, without a plan as what to write (I've got a story I've been calling "Never Let Him Go," which I could finish, and two of my goals were to complete "Balms & Sears" and "Comes the Podcatcher"), but I sat down and started writing a new story.  This one shouldn't be too long, and it is entitled "The Last Friday In December."  I wish my muse (or hey, that person who posted the "You Are Enough" mural) could see me right now, at my most productive ever.

Do you love me, now that I can dance?

Words Today: 1,531
Words Total: 5,342


*I finished it the next day, so all was not for naught. Even so...

2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Anklevich said...

Trying again. I'm going to leave a link for you or die trying.

Give Up Song