Friday, February 28, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 28


This should be my last day doing this, but lucky us, this is a Leap Year.

There should be a huge party every Leap Day, a paid holiday when everybody just enjoys the extra day (and extra paid hours) and spends their day with friends and fireworks and something nice to drink and, I don't know, homemade Gumby and Pokey piƱatas. I simply don't understand why we don't already do that.

So, turns out I hadn't finished that Ben Parks story a couple of days ago. And I hadn't finished it yesterday when I wrote on it. And I don't know if I've finished it now, fleshing out a fun autobiographical part and adding a new, horrible thing for Benny to suffer.*

I'm now 75% sure I'm calling it "A Sidekick's Errand," and I'm 80% sure I'll put it out before "A Sidekick To Miracles," which I wrote in 2018 or so.

Ben never uses a rifle in this story (I guess I could rewrite it), so I don't suppose I'll be able to use this photo I took last summer with my nephew holding my dad's huge old rifle.


Maybe it will work for "Sins of a Sidekick."  Coming in 2028!

Even so, I did what I could at the library today, writing a bit on that, a bit on my meteor story, and a bit on the Little Caesars Pizza story that I finally figured out what I'd do for the b-story on.  Marshal Latham will like it, anyway.

For how long I was at the library, I didn't get nearly as many words as I thought I did.  But anything above, say, five words is pretty good, in my book.

Words Today: 2424
Words In February: 46,302



*In my recent interview episode with Abigail Hilton, Abbie mentioned that audiences love to see characters suffer.  In which case, I really could be even harder on Ben Parks, if I wanted to.  Which I don't.

No comments: