Thursday, February 27, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 27

Tonight I'm watching my nephews, so for my exercise, I took the two year old with me on my nightly run.  Sometimes I time it just right so the sun is going down when I hit the little hill overlooking the lake and the mountains by where Not-So-Big Anklevich used to live.

Tonight, I was a little bit late, but I still managed to get a couple of coolish pictures.  The child, despite being verifiably Evil (the Arch-Bishop of the local diocese visibly paled and began to dry-heave the one time he examined him), is remarkably photogenic.

Of course, I might have been at age two myself.  Poor guy.

I like this one quite a bit

On a park bench, there were a pair of Sapphic twenty-somethings watching the sunset, one of them with purple hair (silly, don't you know that blue is the warmest color?), and I asked her to take our picture before the sunset was totally gone.

Thanks, ladies!

I also found out that running (or trying to run, in my case) is super-hard with a kid on your shoulders.  My back is still complaining.

And my damned app is still not satisfied.  It's complaining about Zionist plots, and sometimes it doesn't measure steps even when I'm taking them.  I don't know which is worse.


Of course, I was supposed to write today.  I guess that's what this blog is all about.  I took my nephew to his basketball practice, and was wise enough to sit in the car and write for a little bit, and then edit audio until he came out again.  I worked on two stories--adding a similar scene to both of them, where two guys who are not the main characters have conversations.  In the "Errand of a Sidekick" story, I wrote a bit with the sheriff and his deputy just so . . . well, I don't know why I did it.  In the movie version, it would get cut and end up as a deleted scene on the DVD* . . . but I like it for a number of reasons.

Maybe I'll let some of you read the story before I release it, see if there are changes I need to make, and if that scene is one of them.

Regardless, I feel like I did pretty well with my word count before the boy came out of practice again. And it was almost warm enough to write outside today, if I could figure out how to make my screen bright enough to see if the sun is shining.

Words Today: 1,605
Words Total: 43,878

*And I realize I'm dating myself by saying DVD instead of Blu-Ray or digital download or OpticLoad or whatever.  But who else is going to date me?

1 comment:

Journey Into... said...

Hmmmm. Should I change DVDs to Blu-Rays in my SciFi Christmas story?