Tuesday, February 04, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 3

Hey, I think I went yesterday without crying!  Oh, wait.  There was the Adele song.

Ah well.
So, I had work today, and had to take my nephew to his basketball practice, but I still managed to get over to the library to see what I could write.  I spent a good stretch of time trying to piece together the sequel to "Like A Good Neighbor," because while I wrote most/all of it on the computer, it was during last year's daily writing sessions, so each day was its own file . . . and damned if some of it was out of order or made no sense.  This is going to be a challenge to make presentable.

After copying and pasting it all, though, I took a few minutes to write the Fisher and Florence story through to the end.  Can you believe it?  A week ago, I hadn't even thought of it, and today, I finished it.  It's a simple, harmless tale, that I believe I'll throw into the episode "I Feel . . . Young," whenever I get the cojones to put that out there.

I do need to come up with a title for it, though.  Right now, it's just called "Fisher & Florence file," which is rather alliterative, but isn't exactly what I'm looking for.  I wonder if I ought to unpublish "A Mark On The Sky" and stick the short story in as a bonus coda.  Probably not, but still, it's great that I can write a romantic scene (or quasi-romantic) with a septuagenarian and a sixty-something.

Well, not great for you, but for me, I feel like I'm growing.

Words Today: 1,335
Words Total: 3,811

P.S. I discovered the other day when I went to the storage unit where I keep hundreds of worthless toys, that the acoustics make it sound like I'm in the shower when I talk or sing.  So, I used my phone to record a clip of me singing to send to Big Anklevich.  I went again today, and I am SERIOUSLY tempted to record myself every time I go, and upload it here.  Mostly because it would go a ways toward making me more outgoing/fearless/like-a-millennial-that-has-to-document-everything-they-do-or-everywhere-they-go.

What do you think?

No comments: