Thursday, February 13, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 13


Too much going on today (got my conference, had a bit of work to do, and had to practically kill myself to get the Fake Sean episode done).  I wanted to take some time to talk about it, but I just can't.

I got a little bit of writing in, when I could.  Not a lot, but if I finish my V-Day project early, I'll definitely sit down and write a little more before sleeping.  Fat chance, though.

Perhaps in a show of solidarity (or perhaps just to be evil), my cousin sent me this today:

I managed to type a little bit in between panels at my writers conference.  It's not nearly what I got yesterday, but that's to be expected (yesterday was pretty darn great, though).  Today I started writing a scene for one of those belated "Sidekick Chronicles" stories.  They're harder for me to write than most.

Words Today: 844
Words Total: 18,405

You know what tomorrow is, and I hope it doesn't suck.  I'm thinking of maybe writing a song, just to see if I can still do it.  It's sort of the day for it, ain't it?

2 comments:

Rob Broughton said...

I for one am grateful that you got the Fake Sean episode done in time. Good work surviving!

I'll admit, the thing I'm looking forward to even more than that is your annual writers conference episode. Today marks 50 days in a row writing for me, and I'm still always hungry for more inspiration. The sound of you re-energized post-conference is heartwarming and encouraging. Maybe you could "live blog" your reactions at the end of each day while driving home? Flippant snippets of what you thought about during the con and how you felt leaving?

Of course I'm suggesting this idea after you've already finished a day of the convention, while you're on your way to the next day, and when you're super busy doing other stuff... Oops.

Rish Outfield said...

That's what I did with Big tonight, telling him about panels I went to, and what people were saying (one panel today probably included more f-words than every panel I've ever gone to since 1997 put together).

But I'll grab my recorder and make sure I take it tomorrow.