Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 25

Of course today was going to be a step down from yesterday.  But I managed to get a podcast posted, and that's nice.

I've only gotten 258 words done so far.  I meant to go to the library again, but I just ran out of time.  I even had my laptop in the car after I dropped my nephew off at his basketball practice, but before I could sit and write, he called me to come pick him up early.

I feel irresponsible.  Which, in a way, is good.  That means this writing every day thing has become enough of a habit (like singing a song when I get something from the storage unit), that I notice when I don't do it.

If I were really ambitious, I'd force myself to finish the story today.  It's not far off, really.*

Regardless, I went to my cousin's house tonight, and told myself I'd write myself to a thousand words afterward.  I'd written 669 words before, which is good enough, but I'm going to make myself reach a thousand anyway.

So I did.

Words Today: 1,077
Words Total: 39,833

*I recorded my March Patreon Address tonight, and in it, I went ahead and pronounced that I had finished "A Sidekick's Mission" or whatever I'm calling it, hoping that, by the time I release that lil podcast, it will be true.  So, I've got a deadline.

1 comment:

ryanlb said...

You fell asleep at my house, and yet you still wrote when you got home? That's impressive. After you left I thought about exercising a little before going to sleep, but instead sat down on the couch to watch youtube for a while. :/