Wednesday, February 05, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 5

Well, today may turn out to be my worst one.

First off, I got a big pink pimple on my forehead.  It's a drag being a teenager, believe me.

Then, I got almost nothing done today, unless you call exercise, editing, and podcasting getting stuff done.

I went to the library, even though I only had an hour, and as soon as I got logged into a computer, I got a phone call.  I didn't recognize the number, but it was a local (in town) number, so I left the second floor (you're not supposed to talk on your phone there, and I'd hate to become what I most despise [again]), and picked up before it went to Voicemail.  Well, it seems I had dropped something by the entrance and somebody had found it and taken it to the front desk.  They had my telephone number from my library card, and were able to get it back to me.  Nice that people are honest and decent (though, in Bossk's defense, nobody could have benefitted from it but me*).

I had meant to a) go through my notebook from a couple of years ago, and make sure I had everything typed up from this story I'm trying to reconstruct, and b) introduce the love interest in the story I started on just yesterday.  Well, I don't know where that hour went, because I didn't manage to do either one.

I only got about three hundred words in in the time I had.  I don't know, maybe I fell asleep or something.

Later in the day, I recorded a podcast with Marshal Latham, and then my phone just seemed to die (it had been acting up all day, though).  I tried restarting it, but it wouldn't turn on again.  I tried it several times, even took the battery out, but nope.  I had recorded a "motivational" video on it today, and it will turn out to be the last thing I recorded on it (and I luckily uploaded it to the Dropbox before the phone died).  So, I'd bought another cheap phone the last time this gave me a hard time, and I switched over to it, and tried to transfer my stuff onto the new old phone.  Apparently, some apps will not work on it, since it is too old a phone and the apps are too new.

That probably means that I'll have to buy a new new phone, and I can't afford to do that, so, well, I don't know what I'll do.  Suffer, I guess.

Regardless, I'm going to have Big tell me the exact number I texted him of my word count (I lost all my texts, even the very nice one you once sent me).  I will do better tomorrow.

Words Today: 301
Words Total: 5,643

P.S.  Hey, I went another day without crying, so I guess I'm doing a little bet--


Oh no, I just saw this picture of something called The Grand Staircase National Monument.  It was so beautiful that, yeah, I cried a little bit.  Wanna go with me?

*Guess they could have just thrown it away or left it there, knowing that some stranger would suffer for it.  So, there's that.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

I wanna go. Is that Escalante, then? I've never seen any good pictures of that one. It was a new park, established by Bill Clinton, if I remember right, and they never seemed to have put any infrastructure into it...like a visitor center, or roads, or a website. That picture is awesome though. I wonder how many miles of bare rock you have to hike through to get there.