Saturday, August 21, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 567

Gonna be brief today.  I'm several days behind on posting these, and I find I usually spend (waste?) the first twenty minutes to an hour at the library working on my blog.  Today, though, I'm going to write at least 200 words before I do anything more on this thing.*

Someone on the second floor is whispering in a Romance language.  It's super creepy (my ear tells me it's Italian, but I highly doubt that around here--we only have Spanish and Portuguese speakers, for the most part), and reminds me of the gross whispering voices in the SUSPIRIA soundtrack.

I think, if it were just some dude with a raspy voice whispering in English, it wouldn't be at all frightening.  Unless he were saying, "Yes, Lord Satan, these will do nicely.  A fine sacrifice for such an infernal Saturday."


Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In August: 2265

There's an online writer's conference tonight that I was thinking about checking in on.  One of the topics is What Does It Take To Be A Writer In The 21st Century?  I'm pretty sure he's going to list off a couple of things that immediately disqualify me.

The dude is snarling and stage whispering again.  And now I'm wondering if it might not be the guy who sat next to me about a month ago (I referred to him as crazy, but maybe he was just possessed, right?).

Push-ups Today: 211
Push-ups In August: 2659

Words Today: 714
Words In August: 14,058

*Again, it was not one of my goals (for the month OR the year) to blog every single day, just to write and exercise.  I'm not sure why I keep doing it.


No comments: