Thursday, August 05, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 551

Well, part of me feels like I didn't accomplish much of anything at the cabin today.  I did finish editing another episode, recorded a story for a future one, and got the post-story bit of a third episode recorded.  But I could do more.  I can always do more.

A week ago, I sat down and recorded my little audio sketch "Adams At Large," and realized it just wouldn't work without a female voice actor doing the waitress part.  To my surprise, Renee got that recorded and sent to me (a single take, 'bout fifteen minutes work), and here I am, a week later, editing the audio.

And it ain't good, kids.  But ah well, I wrote it, we both voiced it, so it's gonna come out, whether you like it or not.  Renee's voice is like the smell of Irish Spring soap.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In August: 511

Now there are two baby deer in the group that hangs out at the cabin next to ours.  I took some pictures, but they didn't turn out all that great.  Neither did this video:

Right before it was time to pack up, I saw a gargantuan woodchuck outside, gnawing on some flowerheads.  Those suckers are the bane of my brother, and he can never shoot them because you're not supposed to discharge firearms here in the cabin area, and besides, the old couple atop the hill are always watching, always listening, always plotting mysterious "accidents" that puzzle the authorities for days, at least until the next distraction comes along.

Honestly, though, this woodchuck was so big, I briefly thought it was a porcupine.  Until the next distraction came along, that was. 

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In August: 594

I had brought three DVDs from the library to watch over the month or so, the first disc from 1965's "The Wild, Wild West," the WWII movie MIDWAY, and the Amy Adams alien communication flick ARRIVAL.  


I watched THE ARRIVAL in the theater when it came out, and didn't like it much.  Not that it's a badly-made, badly-acted movie or anything.  It's just that it made me feel dumb, and I really don't appreciate movies that make me feel dumb (INTERSTELLAR) or make me feel old (SCOTT PILGRIM, BABY DRIVER) or motion-sick (anything directed by Paul Greengrass, BLAIR WITCH PROJECT).
But I was surprised that, knowing how the movie ends, I was able to follow it easily, and (mostly) get my mind around its central, non-linear conceit.  

So . . . maybe I am just a dumb guy.  I dunno.

Words Today: 308 (I should be ashamed of myself, writing this little . . . but I'm not)
Words In August: 3151

No comments: