Saturday, August 14, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 560

It's Saturday, which means the library is closing early.  And I just got here, which means I shouldn't have stayed up till four watching "Rick and Morty" last night.  Ah well, live and learn.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In August: 1419

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In August: 1619

I'm closer than ever to the end of my book.  I know that, logically, every time I work on it I should be closer than ever, but this is more literal than that.  I think, if I applied myself, I could have it done within the week.

Of course, it's not in such great shape right now.  It's meandering and probably full of redundant bits, and characters show up, seem significant, and are never mentioned again.  And there's the opposite example too, where at the beginning of the story, Holcomb mentions that Lara has an ally in the high school: a witch who has been de-aged to a teenager, attending the school undercover as well.  Lara can go to her for help and advice . . . except I forgot I'd written that bit until yesterday.

I COULD have Lara speak with her at the beginning, and then have her taken out of commission (either by an accident, or by magic, or hey, by death), so Lara's on her own.  That would be fairly easy to pull off.  But even easier would be just to cut that one sentence where she is mentioned, so there's nobody Lara can go to for help at all.

Words Today: 613
Words In July: 8809

No comments: