Monday, August 02, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 548

I got nothing for you today. 

It's weird, I set all these goals for exercise and writing, but never set any goals to blog every day.  Why don't I just let this slip away?

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In August: 200

Last night, the boy and I went to Walmart, and he pestered me to stop at Del Taco for something to eat.  Because he had been so willing to help people with buckets and brooms, I took him over there, and there were only two employees in the whole place.  One was the cook and one was the cashier, who was also doing the drive-through.  The guy looked stressed, and told us that due to the torrential rain, the freeway had been backed up, there were several accidents, and a couple of employees hadn't shown up for the night shift.  He was a nice guy, and when he screwed up my order, gave me a chicken taco for free.

My nephew scarfed down more than his share of food (as he always does when we go to that restaurant, and then he'll have a stomach ache afterward, but he has yet to learn), and right as we were finishing eating, the cashier brought us two chocolate shakes, for no reason at all, on the house.  I was really impressed by that (every once in a while, food places will do that--maybe it's just Del Taco, I dunno, but one day, when I'm forced to go back to fast food again, I hope I can do those sort of nice things for customers from time to time).  

My nephew absolutely would not eat his shake--claiming he didn't like chocolate--and so I ate it for him.  I ate both.

So, despite spending the bulk of the pandemic exercising and drinking diet soda, I seem to have gone completely in the other direction (I bought a pie yesterday too, to eat all by myself).

Push-ups Today: 203
Push-ups In August: 258

My buddy Jeff brought me a shirt and coffee mug from Paris, with Marvel characters on them.  It's kind of fits the old cliché of the ugly American who goes to a foreign country, and chooses pass by all te local restaurants to eat at McDonalds, doesn't it?

Anyway, I took a picture of the mug because I absolutely KNOW that one of my nephews will break it.  And soon.

Words Today: 670
Words In August: 1119

No comments: