Thursday, August 26, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 572

I accomplished far less yesterday than I intended to.  But story of my life.  

I did wake up EARLY, like Marshal Latham early, but simply went back to sleep.  A while later, I woke up again, and this time I did make myself get up, and I got some editing done, recorded an episode for an M.R. James story, which I'll try to get to you in September (or October), and then, when my alarm went off, I washed, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and finally sat down to record the second half of my August To August episode of the podcast.

That episode has been a huge pain because I recorded it in August of 2020, asking myself questions about The Plague Year (and my daily writing and exercise), but didn't leave silence in which to answer the questions, so I had to go in and edit it (putting in the blank spaces), but then I had to listen to it while recording the 2021 half, so I could know what the questions would be (or anecdotes I was responding to).  It ended up being a gargantuan effort, and one that I won't manage to get out in August, despite my best efforts.

The day is still, the sun is shining through many clouds, the breeze is faint but omnipresent.  It's a nice day for a walk, for a nap, for a sandwich.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In August: 2787

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In August: 3273

I did want to mention that, during a walk, I happened upon this rather sinister-looking tree stump:

It's not just me, right?  I mean, you see it too, don't you?

Words Today: 603
Words In August: 18,398


1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

It's waiting for the one who cut it down to return so it can take its revenge.