Sunday, August 29, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 575

I was thinking today that I really only had to write four more scenes to finish my book ("When You Need It Most," a title I still can't get used to, which may mean it's not a good one).  I could get this sucker finished, if I just made myself do it.  So I wrote about half of the first of those scenes tonight, instead of watching TV.  Let's see how I do tomorrow.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In August: 3137

Oh, here's something that I shouldn't bother mentioning, but I'm going to anyway: you know those machines in hospitals that measure a patient's heartrate (and blood pressure and brain activity and wiener size and such)?  They are EKG meter, or Electrocardiograph machines.

But here's the thing: EKG is not the abbreviation for Electrocardiograph.  That would be ECG.  EKG is the German abbreviation for elektrokardiogramm, which somehow, we've started using over here.  So, when I described that machine in my book today . . . I had to decide whether to call it ECG, which is technically correct but sounds wrong, or EKG, which sounds right, but in't.

I used ECG.  But now I'm thinking I made the wrong choice.

Ah well, we'll see what I decide on in the second draft . . . next year sometime.

Push-ups Today: 214
Push-ups In August: 3750

I went to the lake with my nephews, hoping to get some writing done while they fished . . . but I only managed about twelve words.  


But the sunset was pretty great.  

At one point, my oldest nephew called me over, and I assumed it was to look at a fish he caught.  But it was to check out the big old spider that was crawling on the dock railing.  In fact, it turned out to be an asshat magic spider.


My goal for the month of August was not to write every single day, but to get to 20,000 words for the month (maybe I'll set the goal for September to STOP writing every single day . . . do you think I can make it?), and today I reached my goal.  Not great, but I'll take it.

Words Today: 1565
Words In August: 21,140

No comments: