Saturday, August 28, 2021

August Sweeps - Day 574

There was a big toy show in the city today.  I had looked forward to it all summer long, but got the time wrong, and was planning to show up at the hour it was ending.  Luckily, somebody on Facebook was live streaming from there, and I realized it had already started.  So I took my nephew in the car and we went as fast as we dared up there, and only arrived ninety minutes late.

It was really cool, and even though I spent all my money, I could have easily spent thrice that.  I do wonder what kind of underpriced treasures we would've found had we arrived at noon instead of 1:30.

My nephew spent more money than I would've deemed possible (or wise, except he's planning to sell the figures he bought, and you definitely can make money that way), and eighty dollars of it was on basketball cards, which makes my head spin.

We had a nice time of it, though, and went and ate together afterward, and with all the health problems he's been having, it was cool to spend time with him (after all, you never know).

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In August: 3037

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In August: 3536

Words Today: 317
Words In August: 19,575

No comments: