Friday, June 04, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 489


You may be under the impression that Big Anklevich and I are friends.  This is not technically true.

For example, this morning, I got a text from the man that read, "Finally, a good version of that song you like has been released."  It included a link (which I shall not post here--you deserve better than that), which I clicked on . . .

And it turned out to be "drivers license" as covered by Kidz Bop.


In case you have lived a charmed, sweet life of blissful ignorance, Kidz Bop is an evil abomination.  It's this truly ghastly musical program that's been going on for decades, in which a pop song is covered by a group of prepubescent child singers, effectively ruining anything that was charming about the song at any point in its life-cycle.  Sometimes, they do videos in which they lip-synch while dancing.

Kidz Bop is to music what explosive diarrhea is to the Junior Prom.  And as you know, Bob, I know what I'm talking about.

Big Anklevich is decidedly NOT my friend.

(this is supposed to be a torn-up Olivia Rodrigo photo...but like the rest of my life, it didn't quite work)

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 533

Yesterday I read an article about Betteridge's Law, which states that any headline that ends in a question mark can very likely be answered "No."  It entertained me, and reminded me of the thousands of garbage clickbait articles I've seen links to over the years, that ask shite like "Will Hillary Force Your Daughters To Have Abortions?" or "Is This NASA Evidence Of Life On Mars?" or "Was Vin Diesel Robbed At Most Recent Oscars?" or "Did Daisy Ridley Just Reveal The Ending To New The Star Wars?" or "Is Kirk Cameron A Misunderstood Genius?" or "Will Rish Outfield Wake Up Next To Girl Who Plays Harley Quinn Tomorrow?"

I love this little dictum (if I'm using that word right), and hope I remember it for years to come.  Unfortunately, I've already forgotten the name of the adage, even after typing it in the previous paragraph.  Sucks to be me.

The reason I'm mentioning this to you is that I was looking for an image to put on my blog two days ago (I still haven't posted it), and I came across the headline "Did Emilia Clarke Just Drop A Hint That She'll Be Playing Spider-woman In The MCU?"


I really like Clarke, and I really like Spider-woman (you wouldn't believe how long I've been a fan--probably longer than you've been alive).  I feel like Jessica Drew has the potential to be as beloved a character as, say, Nick Fury or Star-Lord or even Black Panther.  I think Clarke is as pretty as that classic costume Jessica Drew wears/wore/wears.*   

But because of Betteridge's Law, I knew I didn't have to click on the link to know the answer is No.  Thanks for saving me ten minutes, good sir!
"You're very welcome, mate!"

Push-ups Today: 178
Push-ups In June: 482

Crap.  I went ahead and read the article.  That makes me the loser, between the two of us.  And hell yes, Ian Betteridge was right.

This is the lake from two nights ago.  I hope it conveys at least part of how beautiful it looked.


Like the Spider-woman costume.

My brother and sister and her family and Cathexis and her boyfriend and his family are all going up to the cabin tonight, and tomorrow, we're going to sand the decks and paint/stain them (and paint the doors).  I was told there was no room with my sister or my . . . whatever my niece's boyfriend is to me (niecefriend?), but that I can go with my brother tomorrow, as long as I get up as early as he does.

So, that's what I'll do.  If I had some ambition, I would record some audio, and maybe another podcast episode, or at least go to sleep earlier than I usually do, so I wouldn't be exhausted and useless tomorrow.  Not that it takes ambition to sleep, so I watched a movie instead.

And I didn't get a lot of writing done today.  These things happen in fits and jerks.  

And speaking of jerks . . . kidz bop.

Words Today: 415
Words In June: 3180


*It is, in my opinion, the best female costume in Marvel Comics history.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

By the way, where did that picture of me come from? I think removing my head from whatever context it had makes me look even dumber and more empty-headed than usual.