Thursday, June 10, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 495


A couple of nights ago, I had a disturbing dream that, if made into a short film, would be categorized as Body Horror.  I don't know where I first heard that term, but I suspect it was Abbie Hilton, who also introduced me to the terms "Third Wave Feminism" and "Slut Shaming."  Oh, and "Grishnard," don't forget that.

Regardless, it was pretty upsetting.

This morning, I had a dream where I was hanging out with Henry Winkler, it must've been at a convention, and I kept trying to talk to him about projects other than "Happy Days," because that's all anybody wanted to discuss with him.  I kept bringing up various aspects of the movie SCREAM (where he played the principal), and he had no memory of any of it.  That was a bit of a weird dream, since I'm not a particular fan of Winkler, but at least I wasn't losing pieces of myself in it.


Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In June: 1105

I woke, and it was early enough I could accomplish something, if I wanted to.  So I ate a donut and blogged.  Not sure if that counts.  

I've decided to take a picture of the baby bird every time I come up here, just to be a jerk.  Here's this week's photo (take my word for it that the thing's alive):

The last thing I wrote last night was a bit about how the time travel in "Caller I.D." came to be.  It was just an accident, something a scientist accidentally discovered how to do, and then refined it once he realized what he had.  I pictured Doc Brown from BTTF in my head, and then, pretty much arbitrarily, changed it to a woman, because engineers and inventors don't tend to be women, especially in fiction, and nearly all the major players in this series have been male.  

I napped, briefly, and maybe I should feel bad about that, but I don't.  I got up, made a sandwich (or three), and reached the end of my second "Caller I.D." story.  I think I should jot down a couple of ideas about a third one, that I can pick up in a few months (which will fly by, like a week or two), and maybe turn into a third story.  I need to come up with a few possible "missions" for Chad to undergo, and I would enjoy having one of them go terribly wrong, and he actually makes things worse than they were originally (before the time travel).  But that's kind of dark, isn't it?

Push-ups Today: 181
Push-ups In June: 1173

I took my nephew to Walmart with me.  They must have just gotten their sports cards in because they had a bunch of them in the aisle with the cigarettes in them.  And my nephew just went nuts, spending well over a hundred dollars on cards (he's been mowing lawns in addition to selling on eBay, so I guess the boy has the cash).

Words Today: 969
Words In June: 7481

No comments: