Tuesday, June 08, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 493


At the library again.  Told myself I'd sit, write for a single hour, and then take off and get stuff done so I could go to the cabin tomorrow.  But I've been here for 51 minutes, and my word total for the day is 130.  But that's better than zero.  Sort of.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 905

One of my goals for 2021 is to publish my novella/book "Hatchling."  I really ought to make it a priority, considering THE YEAR IS HALF BLOODY OVER ALREADY!!!!!.  But you know me, I have aspirations to do so much, and I end up doing so very little.

About a month ago, I saw a big tan dinosaur egg at a store (about nine or ten inches tall), and thought it would be perfect to use as cover art for the book, as long as I painted it so it didn't look like a kids dinosaur toy.  But it was too expensive.  It's some activity thing where a kid cracks it open, or chisels it away until he frees the plastic dinosaurs inside.  You know what I'm talking about, right?


Then, a couple of days ago, I stumbled upon it again . . . and this time, it was on clearance.  I was doubly tempted, but dude, it was still $11.98, which is probably more than I'd make on the book, at least till the audio came out.  But I still have it in my head that I'll buy it, paint it black with various veins of white or yellow in it, and call it good.  I could even take it out to the desert with me the next time I go and snap several photos of it, then have Big make me a cool logo to go with it.

Of course, someone else may have scooped the egg up--after all, it is pretty cool--and that moots my point, doesn't it?

Hey, my nephew's fourth birthday is coming up next week.  Maybe I can buy it, do my alterations, take a few pictures, and give it to him, and that's two birds with one stone.  Hmmm.

Push-ups Today: 180
Push-ups In June: 937

Going to the cabin tomorrow.  I hope to either finish my story or finish editing the 200th Outcast episode.  Or, like that commercial used to go, why not both?

Words Today: 784
Words In June: 5956

No comments: