Tuesday, June 29, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 514

So, the month is pretty much over, and I haven't achieved my goals.  I needed to create cover art for "Waffle Iron Man," put out two Storage Unit songs, go on a hike, and publish some story (might've been the "Waffle Iron" one).  And now there's a single day left, so . . . not going to happen now.


But like the Tim McGraw song goes, "Well, you do what you do and you pay for your sins; And there's no such thing as what might've been."

I'm going to write today, even if you don't.  Heck, I might write today BECAUSE you won't.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In June: 3148

Speaking of Big Anklevich, I got this idea in my head today of establishing that Old Widow Holcomb has an inexplicable weakness.  Much like Silver Age Green Lantern's powers didn't work on the color yellow (so, for example, Hal Jordan was helpless against a serial rapist with a yellow t-shirt on), I thought it would be fun for Holcomb to mention some absurd loophole under which her magic constantly fails (like, say, a person with a green feather in their hat or hair, or even weirder, anyone listening to John Denver).  

I thought it would be an amusing throwaway line in one of these early stories, but when I finally get to that tale where Lara attacks her teacher, she uses the weakness against her ("What is that awful screeching, Lara?"  "It's called Aye, Calypso, and it's gonna help me kick your ass!").

Of course, it can't be a John Denver song, that's just stupid.  But Big didn't answer his phone, so I guess I'll have to give it more thought.

Push-ups Today: 190
Push-ups In June: 3583

I asked Big (via text) for the name of the star basketball player at Miller's Fork High School, and he suggested Tavarious Benjamin.  It's such a rough name, I pity the fool who, in April of 2022, will have to say it out loud for the audiobook.

Afterward, I got together with my cousin, and we watched "Loki," as we have for a month now.  I liked it a lot, but boy, it spoke to my hatred for bureaucracy and rules and higher-ups in official positions, and with each new episode, I root for the downfall of the Time Variance Authority, and wonder if I'm the only one who feels that way. 

Words Today: 1202
Words In June: 24,816

No comments: