Tuesday, June 01, 2021

May Sweeps - Day 486

Today is the first of June.  That holds no significance for me, except that it's summer (which I love), and the start of a new month, which . . . well, I don't know how I feel about that.

When I went on my hike the other day, I took a couple of pictures like this one:

I sure wish I enjoyed the Yo Gabba Gabba photos as much as I used to.

My legs have really been sore the last two days, especially when I'm going down stairs.  I guess that's evidence I REALLY ought to go hiking more often.  Either that, or old age has found me.

Sit-ups Today: 111

I do need to write today.  I need to write every day, but wow, do I not want to do so right now.  I only got two hundred words yesterday.  If I just matched that, I'd be, well, not in a good place, but in an acceptable place.  I may not manage, however.  I don't want to do it, like, at all.*

Push-ups Today: 50

While wasting my time at the library instead of writing, I decided to look something up (can't even remember now what it was), and a bunch of click-baity headlines came up.  One of them was some site talking about movies that have not aged well (surely referring to things that aren't P.C. anymore, because that's all they ever talk about nowadays).  But the thing that was interesting was the dichotomy between the headline "Critically Acclaimed Films That Have Not Aged Well"--and the photo that accompanied it.


ACE VENTURA was critically acclaimed?  That bucket of dolphin shit hadn't aged well by 1995.  Oh, eff those guys.  Eff 'em all.

I didn't write a lot, but I did write some.  And most of it was on a project that I had completely forgotten about--I guess I had jotted the idea down in April for a new Lara and the Witch story, one where she's sent on an undercover mission by the Council of Witches (or what remains of them, their organization having been the-opposite-of-decimated years prior, and there only being a handful of witches left in America).  

It was vaguely familiar, as an idea, but I was surprised to see that I had actually started it, and gotten at least a couple of pages written on it, at least setting the stage.  It's the project I've written where Lara is the oldest, taking place when she's a senior in high school, and all the adventures I've given her over the past year are in her rear view.  I don't know if I'll ever complete it--it's just a concept right now, and three or four pages of dialogue between Holcomb and Lara, but those do tend to be easy, fun stories to write, so you never know.

Words Today: 609

*I talked to Big on Monday about this phenomenon, and after he reached his 300,000 words (or jeez, was it 350,000 words?) last year, he said he was good not to write anymore.  And here we are, around six months later, and he not only isn't writing, he doesn't feel the NEED to write anymore.  It's sad, because he was so driven, and accomplished what I'd think very few non-Sanderson beings out there could, but if apathy, lethargy, and entropy can conquer Anklevich, then the very elite can fall.
Not the alien, though.  Never the alien.



No comments: