Tuesday, June 22, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 507

At the library again, and I haven't written a single word.  Maybe I won't today.  And you will finally be free.

Do you remember in CLASH OF THE TITANS, how Andromeda would get spirited away every night by Calibos, where he would . . . jeez, I dunno, repeatedly molest her, or maybe just admire her beauty, or perhaps just hang out and play Xbox with her?  And she begs him to release her?


Well, hey, that's kind of like you.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 2393

Anyhow, I went ahead and posted the newest Outcast episode, finished yesterday's blog post, and got, jeez, thirty-seven words written.  That should be enough, even though I know it's not.

Push-ups Today: 60
Push-ups In June: 2610

I set several goals each month that I enumerate during my Patreon address, then go through the next month to see how close I got.  One of my goals for June was to put out two Storage Unit Serenade episodes.  You remember those, don't you, the little songs I would sing, either at the storage unit near where I live, or up in the mountains somewhere?  It was a real pleasure (and a frustration too, but ah well) last year to try and record one every time I went up to the cabin, and you may be surprised to know that I still have over a dozen I recorded in 2020 that I've never put out.  


That was why I cited them as one of my goals for this month, and when I was at the cabin last week, I watched several of them, cringing at the ones where the setting sun made me look like the living dead, and appreciating the ones where the sunset so washed out my features that you could think my face had been digitally blurred out by the news to hide my identity.

I have a template I set up last year, that is so cookie-cutter, I could literally edit one of the videos in three minutes (and I have).  Of course, I've wasted more than an hour on some because, and if there's one lesson I want you to have taken from me*, it's "Everything always takes longer than you think it will."  I say it all the time.  It's my "Na-noo, na-noo" or "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis" or "Kiss my grits," or "Hail Satan."

Words Today: 1329
Words In June: 18,100

*Oh wait.  The most important lesson I've learned in these years is "Always read the story out loud."  I've said that even more times than Richie Cunningham said "Sit on it."

No comments: