Saturday, June 26, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 511

I woke up insanely late today, but it was cloudy enough I thought it was before my alarm.  I got up and went to the bathroom, but then glanced at the clock.  Whoops.  No going back to sleep after that.

It put me behind with everything today, work, lunch, the library (just got here, and it closes in an hour).  But that's fine.  If I can focus like I did yesterday, I should have between five hundred and a thousand words in.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 2826

Today was the deadline for getting in my lines for "The Deadbringer" audio drama, and of course, I left it to the last minute (okay, technically, I left it until several hours after the last minute).  I turned on my recorder to get the lines done at 1:30am, and found that the first line to record was the following:

                EUTAU: (agonized scream)

                Eutau’s agony ripped through the night.

Hell of a thing to leave until the middle of the night.

So, I ended up recording all my other lines, and after those were done, I TRIED to do an agonized scream, but where the pain was so great I couldn't manage any volume.  It didn't really work.  It ended up sounding like when you're a kid and pretending to shout but not really so you don't get in trouble with your parents or neighbors.  I'll have to do the scream tomorrow.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In June: 3137

I took my mom to the Burlington Coat Factory today, because she had to return a blouse.  At the door, several versions of this sign were posted:

I read it over, watched a pair of customers go in, not wearing masks, and read the sign again.  It seemed to imply everybody, whether they worked there or not, whether they were vaccinated or not, was required to wear a mask while inside.  Even if they didn't feel like it?  Even Republicans?  So I put one on and went in, wandering around while my mother did her return.

Only the employees were wearing masks inside.  I couldn't figure it out.  There was a kiosk at the entrance, next to a (mask-wearing) woman who greeted people, that was full of complimentary masks, but she didn't confront, grab, criticize, or throttle any of the people who came in and ignored her.

Was I the jackass, because I had gone back to where we were in November, and was wearing a mask?  Why had I seen the sign (that opened up my eyes), and no one else had?

Eventually, I did see a family wearing masks in the shoe section of the store.  But they were the masks from that movie THE STRANGERS.  Not exactly comforting, in retrospect.

Words Today: 422
Words In June: 22,148

2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

Remember when I got masks from that movie at Comic Con and I sent you a picture of my kids wearing them and holding knives? Good times, man. Good times.

Rish Outfield said...

I do. I never actually saw THE STRANGERS (that kind of thing isn't my bag, baby), but I always think of those masks with fondness.