Friday, June 18, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 503

Gonna do five hundred words, right now, no excuses.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 1960

I finally put the toy playset I bought last week up for sale on a local forum, because it was far too heavy to send through the mail.  I had picked it up last Tuesday, and now listed it, only eight days late.  Almost immediately, I received a text about it.  It said, "I am interested in your playset.  I sent a google voice number via text.  If you are real, show me that number."

There was something slightly hostile about it, asking me if I was real, and it made me think I had made a mistake in my listing*, even though I hadn't.  The text seemed really strange, and it was sent at 1:14am (which is no problem for the filthy likes of me, but for literally anyone else would be considered an inappropriate time to send a text).  My Spider Sense tingled, and I replied the only way I could think of: "Is anyone real?"

I didn't get a reply, and when I looked at my auction, I saw a warning that said, "If you receive a message with a code or asking for a code this is a scam and should be ignored."  But I can never ignore it now . . . at least they don't know if I'm real or not.

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In June: 2117

I wrote the introductory scene with the two new supporting characters in the story, naming them Otto and Barbarlinda Contreras.  I'd never known anybody called Barbaralinda, but it fit the woman in my head, but then remembered that their last name was probably supposed to be McAllister, so I changed it.  But McAllister is the family on HOME ALONE, so I don't know if that's alright or not.  Is it too well-known because of the Culkin film, like if I named a couple the Buellers or the Brodys or the Griswolds or the Corleones?

I texted Big to ask his opinion on the names (actually, I asked him to just suggest names), but the text didn't go through.  I could've written another hundred words in the twenty-six times I tried to send the text.  So I went ahead and named the couple myself, wrote the scene, then tried the text again, and it went right through.  Weird.

Words Today: 1062
Words In June: 14,291

*Sometimes I will see listings with deliberately-misleading photos or descriptions or prices.  And there's a big difference between that and somebody saying "Amasing Spidermen figure" or "Faberge Egg: 0100 dollars."  I did check to see if it was the correct price and the correct description and the correct photos, and went ahead and added a couple more pictures and details.  I got no further texts from the guy . . . or from anybody else.  Nobody wants my Castle Grayskull playset.


No comments: