Monday, June 21, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 506

Well, I managed pretty well yesterday, and the day I said I'd get five hundred words, so let's do it again.

Today was a really long day as far as work goes.  I'm just sitting down at the library now, at 7:14pm, and still have to drop by FedEx before my day is done (anything you drop off after five pm doesn't go out until the next day, so I might as well wait until after the library's closed).  But I can feel good about today, that I accomplished quite a bit, even if it took way longer than it should have (story of me life, mate).

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 2282

I was complaining to my mom about having exercised every single day for a year (she was much more impressed with that than the writing every day thing, but I understand--you ever hear that old joke about the starlet and the writer?), and she presented me with a big cannister of this protein mix for people who do physical things that's supposed to build up muscle, or something.  It tastes like alfalfa, and I'm not a fan.*

But hey, I got this stuff, and I'm gonna make use of it.

Now I get to be like those healthy people who drink stuff that looks like it accumulated around leaky underground pipes.

Push-ups Today: 187
Push-ups In June: 2550

I had to go to the post office today, with about a zillion packages to drop off (more than ever before--it took three trips from the car!), and as I was leaving, I saw a little sticker someone had stuck on the door.

**

Now, I've no illusions that the sticker had been placed there for me--it seems like a Christina Aguilera-type message for her female fans with body-shame issues--but I thought it was pretty nice.  I love stuff like that.  I think about that "You Are Enough" message I saw in the library last year, and how much it spoke to me, and I do often wish that I could make others feel something like that.

Which is why I used to keep little cardboard cutouts of the Hydra symbol in my car, to stick on people's windshields if I liked their window decals, or bumper stickers, or license plate holders, or their bottoms (I gave the last one away, oh, probably in May).  I've told the tale before of how, when I was in college, I had a little metal TIE Fighter hanging from my rear-view mirror, and one afternoon I came out to my car and someone had put a note on my windshield that said "May the Force be with you," and how that made my day.  So this is like that.

Except I don't know what someone's reaction to the Hydra symbol would be, in all honesty.

Confusion?  Fear?

Words Today: 722
Words In June: 16,771

*More of a Buckwheat guy myself.


**I've also no illusions that this is a good photograph, but I like that I inadvertently captured myself and my car in it.  Hey, we take these minor victories where we can find them.

No comments: