Sunday, June 13, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 498


I saw a picture online where someone had Photoshopped an image of Taylor Swift to look like a monster.  I thought it was strikingly, well, interesting.  I discovered that there is a whole contingent of artists that take images of celebrities and turn them into goths, superheroes, demons, giants, and Bossk knows what else.  I really wish I had gotten into that instead of writing.  But ah well.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 1427

Today was Sunday, and I usually go out and do stuff (by myself) on Sundays, drive, hike, go to neighboring towns, kill, etc..  I listened to Olivia Rodrigo's album again (which is strange, considering there are some records I bought and never listened to more than once), and liked it a lot more than I had the first time.  I suppose I'll buy a copy the next time I go to Target (or the time after that--I go there a lot).

Even though the songs revolve around her break-up with her boyfriend, they really are quite varied in tone and attitude.  And I can't help but think of the dude who inspired them, and the way that would affect you ("You're the dude drivers license is about?  Holy crap, let me get a selfie with you!"), whether it would be a millstone around your neck everywhere you go, or whether it would be a point of pride.

But then I thought about what young, popular guys are like, and you know, there's no way he's not a preening peacock about it, perpetually pointing it out even when people don't bring it up, and proclaiming, "She'll never love anybody the way she loved me, she said it herself.  How awesome is that?" before chuckling and trying to get two hot cousins into a three-way with him.

*

Girls can be pretty nasty, no doubt.  But guys are bad in a different way.

Or maybe they're all the same, I dunno.

Anyway, back to Rodrigo.  

I remember thinking it was notable that she would put out a whole album just with songs about that one particular topic, but no, in revisiting it, there was a single song about a friend she had when she was younger who was gone from her life.  My guess is, the ex-boyfriend could claim that song's about him too.


My whole family was gone today, so I could've sat around in my underwear at home, but instead, I got a pizza and ate it all myself.

Took me two meals, though.  I must be slipping.

Push-ups Today: 183
Push-ups In June: 1598

During my drive--as I try to do every week--I called and bothered Big Anklevich.  I've no idea how much he dreads my phone calls, but until he says so, I'm gonna keep making them.  This time, I talked to him about this idea I had for a future installment of "Caller I.D.," and asked him about the one I just finished, if the protagonist got off too easy, or if there should've been some kind of difficulty or consequences of his time-traveling actions.

Big and I talked about it for a while, and at the end of the day, right around the time I usually watch John Oliver, I sat down and wrote a scene between Chad (the main character[s] of the Caller I.D. series) and a cop (Detective Harrell, from "podcatcher").  It ended up being a nice little scene, with a bit more of Chad's nervousness and doubt, and even though it doesn't affect the ending of the story in any way, I think it makes it a better one.

Words Today: 1655
Words In June: 10,527

*This was the first result for my image search.  It wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for, so I did a second search, this one for "smug douche" and this was the first picture that came up:

Who says the internet is a waste of time?

2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

Strange. I did a search for smug douche too, just to see what I'd get, and the first result was a link to my own webcam. There was the smug douche staring back at me. God he looked good.

Rish Outfield said...

I made the mistake of doing an image search just for "douche" and then "douche with thumbs" and both of them got me an appointment with the lady in HR. Well, I guess it could've been just one of them. I'll ask her the next time I get fired.