Friday, June 25, 2021

June Sweeps - Day 510

Not much to say today.  Still, that hasn't stopped me over the past year or so.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In June: 2715

I complained two posts ago about my phone being unwilling to send photos to my computer, for me to post on my blog.  It's still going on.  It claims that the Dropbox app is full--well, 99.9% full--and no matter how many files I delete (I'm around fifty now), the number doesn't change.

One of the photos I was trying to post was of the robin's nest right outside the cabin's front door.  I climbed up there to take a picture, and the baby bird wasn't in it.  So I took a couple more, and yes, the nest was empty.  They must mature INSANELY fast, for it to have flown off already.  Or it fell out and was eaten by rodents.  Hmm.

Push-ups Today: 189
Push-ups In June: 3037

I hit the library, and once again dicked around until it was nearly too late to write (no wait, that's what I'm doing right now.  Whoops), but then focused on my story (it's the Senior year Lara and the Witch story I keep mentioning), and before I knew it, they were trying to get rid of us.

There was a very attractive library employee downstairs, not wearing a mask (the two upstairs both had masks on, and I asked them if the mask policy had changed again.  One told me it was just their personal preference to wear masks, and I got the impression they wished I had put pants on that day), and I asked her if they ever found people sleeping in the library when they were trying to close.  I remembered that time there was a dude sleeping on the floor upstairs and they flashed the lights, then turned them off as I was making my way down the stairs.*  I told the dubiously good-looking woman about my experience that time . . . and she didn't believe me.

"We don't turn off the lights upstairs," she said.  "We might blink them to let people know we're closing, but we wouldn't shut them off."

I nodded, and went on my way.  Maybe I have a liar's face or something.

Words Today: 1854
Words In June: 21,726

*I blogged about that, right?  I had to turn on my phone's flashlight to get down the stairs, because it was wintertime and pitch black by the time they were closing.  I told an employee by the door that there was a guy still up there, in the dark.

They harvested his organs.

No comments: