Sunday, November 22, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 295


Today I did something I think I've only ever done once before.

Hey, I heard you say "Kiss a girl?" and I don't appreciate that very much.

Besides, I think the kissing a girl thing might have been a dream.

No, I woke up before my alarm and sat down and recorded some audio.  I only ever do it at night, because it's too noisy during the day, but in the morning . . .  And it was pretty quiet, in the house (the kids are all camping anyway), except that someone in the neighborhood has a chicken, and even though the windows were closed, I could hear it squawking or bawking or whatever the noise is called.  Strange that I've never noticed that before.

I recorded a story from about 2010 that I sent to the Dunesteef for the Broken Mirror Contest, and it lost.  I hadn't looked at it in ten years.  It's neither good nor bad, but yesterday one of my Patreon supporters asked if I'd ever put out that fourth audio collection, and I thought I could throw in this one as a bonus story or something.

While I was running last night, I was thinking of my Christmas story collection (one of the goals I set for 2020), and whether I could just release one with five or six stories in it--since that would be doable--and release another one in a couple years with five or six more.  That way I could just grab the stories I already have in audio, and not have to re-record stuff like "Naughty or Nice," or the Ouija board/Scrooge story, or actually recording "Silent Night of the Living Dead," which no one has ever read.* 

While I was at the library, I did a search for images of Christmas trees, and found one I could use for the cover.  So maybe I'll actually accomplish this goal (but it's doubtful).

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In November: 2587

It's 1:41am and I have only gotten about ninety words for the day.  I'm tempted to call it good and just retire.  But I have to get 300 words for the spreadsheet to consider that writing.  Maybe I'll do a few push-ups to wake myself up.

Well, I didn't get much done, just the rest of the Will Choner story scene I had been working on.

Words Today: 389
Words In November: 20,526

*It takes place in a Toys R Us, and I considered releasing it on the Outcast the year that TRU went out of business (2017?).

**It's not.  I can't explain it except to say that maybe I overexerted myself with my run, and had burst a blood vessel in my brain or had a mini-stroke or something.


No comments: