Tuesday, November 03, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 276

Getting seriously tired.  

I did my run, I did my squats, chalupa.

Haven't written today, but I must.

It's great that I finished that piece yesterday, but now I've got no projects I'm working on.  Yes, I could go back to "Only Have Eyes For You" and try to finish that--and I really should, before the year is out--but I don't know that I'm willing to do that right now.  I also considered, during my run, picking up "Sins of a Sidekick"* and seeing if I could get to work on it again.  Maybe.  I even thought about writing another story that takes place before that one, with Ben and Lorelei Skruggs having a sort of mini-adventure wherein Ben has to grapple with the knowledge that he took a human life (this is the titular sin that "Sins of a Sidekick" was going to deal with).

I further came up with an idea of a werewolf chase story.  I was pretty excited about it during yesterday's run, where I thought it would be like NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD but with werewolves.  I love werewolves, and haven't written that many stories about them (maybe three or four in my now thirty years of writing stories).  So, last night I created a new document and jotted down my ideas for this piece, which may or may not involve a school bus filled with potential werewolf chow.

But then I remembered an awesome movie called DOG SOLDIERS (2004) that I was fortunate enough to see on the big screen in Los Angeles . . . and except for my characters being high school students, it's basically the same exact premise.

Except I still may write it.  Werewolves are great.

Sit-ups Today: 122
Sit-ups In November: 322

Words Today: 952
Words In November: 1391

*The Ben Parks story I started last year but never finished, that takes place BEFORE "A Sidekick To Miracles," which I did finish in 2019.


No comments: