Saturday, November 28, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 301

This morning, I went over to the Escape Artists podcast website to see the name of a story I recorded for them years ago, and saw that I have a page of my own there, listing all the readings I've done for them.  I was surprised to find my name on eighteen stories/episodes, certainly all more listened-to than my own shows.  That's pretty neat.*

I had lunch with Jeff (our last one), and then I went over to the library.  For the last month, they have been claiming I hadn't returned a movie, which I was sure I had returned (I even went through their stacks to see if it was there or not).  But whoops, going through a box I brought from the cabin, there were three DVDs and a book, all overdue.  I'm lucky they hadn't charged me to replace them, just the late fees.

After taking care of that (they still wouldn't check the overdue items back in, claiming that they had to go into quarantine for three days first), I went up to the second floor to try to get some words in before I went to Jeff's to watch some more "Supernatural."

Unfortunately, I dragged my feet in getting my writing done, and then once I got into it, I really got into it, and used up all of my allotted time.  When I got back in the car and called Jeff, he was off doing something with his son, and said it was too late to go over.  So, I didn't know what to do with the rest of my day.

I exercised and ate and then watched a movie (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT, and man, was it good), and that was that.  I needed to go on my run, but winter is here, George R.R., and I had no idea what running one and a half miles would feel like in sub-freezing temperatures.  So I put on my sweats, and then grabbed a hoodie to wear over it.  I went outside, and within a hundred feet, I knew it wasn't going to work.

It was cold as hell, sure, but all the physical exertion made me warm everywhere but my hands.  I soon had to tie the jacket around my waist and keep running that way.  But even then, I amazed myself by actually having sweat run down my forehead by the time I made it home.  I wouldn't have believed it.

But to misquote Darkman, I'm learning to believe a lot of things.

Push-ups Today: 100 (kind of a magical number)
Push-ups In November: 1141

Sit-ups Today: 200
Sit-ups In November: 3288

Words Today: 1528
Words In November: 25,165

*I'm reminded that when Malachi Throne died, he lamented that of his huge body of work over the decades, all anybody ever wanted to talk to him about were the two episodes of "Star Trek" he did.

No comments: