Monday, November 09, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 282

I got a headache again today, right around the time I was going to go to the library.  So, I didn't go, but I cleaned out my car instead (it's getting worked on tomorrow, and they wanted everything out of it for some reason).  I even vacuumed it, but not well.  It's probably the cleanest the car has been since 2016, but it won't last.

Big and I got together over the phone and recorded another Dunesteef episode.  It was our second one in a week, and we'll have to keep up this breakneck pace if we're going to put out a half a dozen shows before Christmas.  Big is afraid we will run out of bandwidth, like we used to back in 2009 when we'd do three shows a month.  Honestly, I don't miss those days (except that I had no white hairs then and could walk into a store without a mask).

Hasbro had this crowd-funding thing for the ship from "The Mandalorian," the Razor Crest this past month, and it ended today at midnight.  I hadn't invested in it, mostly because I didn't/don't have any money.  Somehow I've gone from having almost paid off my credit card at the start of the summer, to having maxed out my credit card this week.


It's insanely overpriced, and only people who support the fundraiser will have one, so ostensibly, you can sell off the figures and components for a grossly inflated price (people were getting between two and three hundred dollars for the Yak Face that came with their last project, Jabba's Sail Barge*).  But I feel irresponsible buying one (or two) because I've no money, and it doesn't come out till next fall.  And who knows what the next few months will hold?

I guess I should've asked the internet for their advice.  I logged onto the site, and there were twelve minutes left . . . so I just went ahead and bought it.  

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 1049

Well, when my headache went away, I felt . . . I suppose euphoria is the best word for it.  I can't explain, but I was just so pleased that it didn't last two or three hours like the one the day before had, so I did my sit-ups, squats, and, instead of doing my usual 1.6 mile jog, I did a full two miles.  Never done that before.

As it gets colder and colder, I'll probably go on fewer and fewer runs.  But it felt pretty good to get it in tonight, instead of feeling sorry for myself, which I have way more experience with than the running.

Words Today: 369
Words In November: 7532

I didn't feel like doing any writing (I've reached the end of the first scene in the story, and that's about it), but I plugged in my microphone and did a bit more "My Friend of Misery."  I re-recorded half of the last chapter (17) where I was falling asleep, and then did Chapters 18 and 19.  The story now sits at 39,769 words.  I may not feel like celebrating when it reaches 40,000, but heck, maybe I'll celebrate anyway.

No comments: