Thursday, November 05, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 278

I couldn't believe it when the sun came out today, and the world turned warm.  Somehow, as the sun shone down on the south side of the cabin, it was nicer outside than it was inside.  Granted, the thermometer said it was still cold, but I wasn't feeling it.

I feel like I haven't accomplished a darn thing today.  I finished the Dunesteef yesterday (just need to lay down some music), and nearly finished the next Outcast today (gonna take a couple more days), but no writing, no exercise, not much except reading, and even that was only a couple of chapters.

But I need to record another story for the Dunesteef, so I'll grab a bit more soup, then do that, and see if I can't take a drive over to the river BEFORE it gets dark for once.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 672

I did do both of those things, and the trip out to the lake was nice.  The sun was shining, and even though it was only in the fifties, I stayed out there for an hour, and enjoyed everything but the mud that encased my shoes, practically in carbonite.*  There was a boat out on the lake, which is a change from the last couple of times, and a couple in a pickup truck drove by, and parked on the hill overlooking where I was doing my song.  I imagine they were trying to figure out what I was doing, but it may be they were half-naked in there and had no idea I was even nearby.

I made this little video for your viewing "pleasure" (but I must warn you, the sound is pretty bad):


Push-ups Today: 90 (sorry, this number is way off.  But at least I did more push-ups than necessary rather than fewer)
Push-ups In November: 176 

I wrote a bit more on the Will Choner story.  I really ought to stop, though, since I don't know where it's going--no clue at all.

Words Today: 678
Words In November: 3143

Well, I ended up losing a chunk of this writing again.  Last night, fairly late, I tried to turn on a light and it wouldn't come on, and I heard the solar battery relay alarm start to go off downstairs, so I quickly turned off everything but the two things I was using: my computer and the light above the couch.  The alarm went off, and I was fine.

But today, I heard the alarm much, much earlier--around eight or nine o'clock, and that got me worried.  It was a fairly sunny day, but the days are so much shorter that maybe there's not enough sunlight to keep it going for the whole night.  Anyway, I tried to only have one electrical thing on at a time, but eventually, even the single light didn't want to turn on.  The day before, I had grabbed a flashlight and put it beside me, in case the lights failed completely (it didn't occur to me until just now that I could've used my phone for that), but it didn't happen.  

Well, the alarm began blaring, and I had nothing on but my computer, so I decided to call it a night (I had been fairly tired too, since the time change and how dark it's been getting has messed me up--I was reading out on the deck, and closed my eyes for a couple of minutes, feeling the sun warm my skin, and when I opened my eyes, the sun was almost gone.  "Oh no," I thought, "I slept the afternoon away, and I was going to go walk around the lake one last time!"  But when I went inside and looked at the clock, it was only 3:50pm.  Same with when it was pitch dark and I started to yawn, I thought, "Well, it's almost midnight, I guess I could go to sleep now."  But I looked, and it was just after eight.

To be continued in next post...

*At one point, I picked up a stick and scraped the mud off the sides and the bottoms, but they still felt heavy and dirty for the rest of the day.


No comments: