Friday, November 27, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 300

Two days ago, I was going to visit my friend Jeff again (he's leaving in a couple of days back to Germany, never to return), when I paused, unsure of what to do.  Jeff's wife Emily had spent all last week with her sisters, and this week, it turned out that one of them got sick . . . with a certain flu-like contagion that has been sparsely covered on the news this year.  And now Emily was feeling a little under the weather.

I would be spending time with my mom for Thanksgiving, and she gave me a hard time about going to Jeff's, so I called him on the way, and asked what I should do.  He basically gave me the Obi-Wan Kenobi, "You must do what you feel is right, of course," and I ended up turning around and driving back home, apologizing that I wouldn't be spending the afternoon at his house.

And when I got home . . . I started to feel a sore throat coming on.

Now, I've had this happen before this particular Plague Year, and I don't honestly know if it's psychosomatic or not.  But I did my normal exercise (as much as I could muster), and went on my run, and afterward, I was tired, but I didn't have a sore throat anymore.

So today, Jeff invited me over, and I did go.  But I ended up wearing a mask the whole time.  That was strange, to have a mask on for several hours like that.  But I thought, "What the heck?  Nobody's going to make fun of me for it," and Jeff's own daughter was wearing a mask in the house herself.

I forgot to put the number of words I wrote yesterday in my blog post, so I looked back on my Will Choner document in progress.  And there was a whole sequence where a woman donated her mother's wedding dress to Goodwill, and then two years later, meets a man and gets engaged, so she hires Will's team to find that dress.  It's not a lengthy piece (about 586 words*), but I had no memory of writing it.

Guess you get tired of hearing me say that kind of thing, huh?

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 3088

So, I counted up the words I wrote and it was less than three hundred, which the Magic Spreadsheet considers zero (heck, maybe they consider it less than zero, since you wasted your time and still get no credit for it--maybe you'd have been better off not writing at all).  But ah well.  I'm still counting it.

Words Today: 279 
Words In November: 23,637

*It must have been from Wednesday, because that's how many words I had that day.

No comments: