Thursday, November 19, 2020

November Sweeps - Day 292

Hey, you know yesterday or the day before, when I wrote about recognizing a young woman (a minor actress) even though she was wearing a mask?  Well, when I went on my run today, I thought about that, and how stupid it was for me to post that, and not even tell you who it was.

I told myself to get on the blog and remove that paragraph, sparing future generations a bit of my bullshit.  But I didn't.  So for that, I apologize.

However, it reminded me of this story, that I've never told before.  When I worked on the Fox lot (for the F/X network), I was allowed to drive around in one of those electric golf carts.  And it was very fun.  Occasionally, I would see famous people walking around--I saw Tyler Mane dressed as Sabretooth doing reshoots for X-MEN, I saw Ashton Kutcher (then just "The big dumb guy from That 70's Show"), and one time, my coworker and I were driving around, and we saw Angie Harmon coming out of the Studio Store (where you could buy Fox-related merchandise and DVDs but with a great employee discount).

My coworker, who I will call Carl, said, "Holy shit, that's Angie Harmon!"  I had never seen her in anything, but recognized her from the billboards in town for some obscure show called "Law & Order."  I said, "Dang, that is her.  That lady is ridiculously hot."  

Carl said, "You don't know how many times I have spanked it to Angie Harmon, man."  

And I said, "You should go tell her that.  She'd be super impressed."  

And Carl looked at me and said, "Really?  You think so?"

It is not really a very good story, come to think of it, but I remembered thinking about it later, and wondering what a famous person would say if they were told that.  Of course, actresses probably carry pepper spray for exactly that occasion.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share that.  I still don't think I've seen Angie Harmon in anything.

So, today I got my work done by 12:30, then spent a good deal of time with Jeff again.  We went to the pizza place we always go to when we're together, and they actually had tables you could dine in at.  That surprised me.  Also, it had been nearly a year since we'd eaten there, and I'd forgotten how good the pizza was.  He told me how bad German pizza is, and I believe him.

Afterward, we watched GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, and it was amazing.  I cried within the first minute, so I must be getting better.  I noticed lots of little things I hadn't picked up on in 2014 (or it's been long enough that I'd forgotten).  Did you ever see GOTG?  You really should.

Jeff gets tired early, so I left his house early again.  Now it's night, and I can't wait to do my exercise and run around the neighborhood.  It's crazy, but it's true.  I have really neglected my podcasting this past week or two, and I've had an Outcast episode I could have posted at any time, but keep not doing it.

Why do I have no motivation?

Alright, I ended up posting the episode, running, sitting up, pushing up, eating, drinking, watching "30 Rock," writing for twenty minutes, and nearly sat down to record another session (I discovered two sections of the "Dead & Breakfast" story I recorded on Sunday that hadn't been included.  That makes me feel a bit better about the story, since it seemed so short and inconsequential, and now I know that a third of it was missing, so maybe that was the problem), but was too tired.  And that's fine.  I'll work again tomorrow. 

Sit-ups Today: 166
Sit-ups In November: 2226

Push-ups Today: 95
Push-ups In November: 751

Words Today: 491 words
Words In November: 16,529

No comments: