Thursday, November 12, 2020

February Sweeps - Day 285

This morning, I tried to figure out where the missing words (in "My Friend of Misery") went, and I never figured it out.*  But I did think of an interaction that we should have had between Brielle and her brother (the two main characters), so I quickly jotted it down, to record and stick into Chapter 18.  To my surprise, that equaled more words for the day than the revisions I put into the book for an hour last night.  Guess that's nice, but I really ought to have finished it by now.  

Edited together, the first 21 Chapters of MFOM only total two hours and forty-eight minutes, which I think illustrates just how sluggish this process has been.  When I think of it like that, I can't help but get a bit bummed out.

You've heard all of this before, but there are times when I just want to stop.  Stop with the pointless running, stop blogging pointlessly, stop writing stories that my father once told me were a childish waste of time, and stop, well, everything else.  This has been a hard year for everybody, and I remember about five or six months ago, how people were going stir crazy and feeling depressed and stressing out with worry, and I was at my absolute peak of empathy.**

I still haven't gone to the library again.  Seems like writing is no longer my priority.  But what is?

Sit-ups Today: 101
Sit-ups In November: 1350

Push-ups Today: 93
Push-ups In November: 452

I don’t know why, but I’ve started watching an episode of “30 Rock” before I go to bed each night.  I know I should be writing, or should be editing, or should be working on my audiobook, but after my run and my exercise, I treat myself, and that’s the show I picked.  


I doubt I’ve talked about it before, but “30 Rock” is an interesting show in that I’ve seen every episode, but literally hated half of the characters on the series, to the point where I used to boo each of them when they showed up in the credits.
  Lately, I’ve been falling asleep during the show, and going to bed when I realize it, having to try to find at what point (and in what episode) I dozed off during.

I don’t know why I shared that with you.  Sorry.

Words Today: 555 (would it kill me to do 111 more?)
Words In November: 10,473

*In January 2021, I realized I must have saved an older version over a newer version of the text file, and only realized it when doing the final edit on the audio and finding bits missing in the text (but by then, I wasn't going to listen to the file and type the new bits into the story as I heard them.  To my detriment, I'm sure).

**Sincerely, the first three or five months of 2020 had me at my most emotional and more receptive to other people's situations and emotions than any other point in my life.  But I have to admit that I've hardened a little bit since then.  Guess that's to be expected.  Either that or I need to raise the bar on my expectations.

No comments: