Sunday, September 26, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 603

Staying at a stranger's house has always been uncomfortable for me.  I don't even know the names of the owners of this place, even though they've been very welcoming and friendly.  

The desert around Vegas has always seemed like a mystical place of mystery for me, and I get a minute thrill every time I see a palm tree (I can see some through the window, so I took a photo--sure to be a terrible, low-res one).


Las Vegas can be terribly hot and miserable, but it's been in the nineties during the day and in the eighties at night.  The eighties seem pretty wonderful to me, but as always, your kilometridge may vary.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In September: 2835

A new experience for me was going to a convenience store to buy a soda for me and my sister, and be told I had to leave because I wasn't wearing a mask.  There had been times when I noticed signs (or noticed other people wearing masks) and turned right around to run grab one, but this was the first time someone actively told me I needed to leave if I didn't have one on.

I'm not bitching about it--I did go out to my sister's car and grab a mask, and it made me super self-conscious about it for the rest of the trip--but I come from one of those areas where people would be more likely to mock me for having a mask on than criticize me for not wearing one.  Interesting.

I saw this sign in a gas station, and found it to be both simple and eloquent.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In September: 3272

I kind of feel like my time isn't my own on a trip like this.  Right now, people are showering and eating breakfast and such, so I can sit and fire up the old laptop and blog and write, but other times, it's sort of dependent on when I can be alone, find quiet, and the family isn't doing some activity.  I guess I should be pleased I have an hour right now to get some words in.

Words Today: 990
Words In September: 18,734


No comments: