Thursday, September 23, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 600

Six hundred days in a row.  Ugh.

I woke up early, as usual . . . except it was still night this time (earlier than I usually go to sleep out here), so I lurched to the computer and typed up some words--having fallen asleep after only writing a single paragraph.  I wrote on my new "Lost & Found" story, then, satisfied I'd done my part, turned off the light and went back to sleep.

I didn't wake again until the sun was above the treetops, but still before my alarm goes off every day.  And I was fine with that.

The first thing I did was plug in my recorder to delete the two audio files I had edited yesterday, to free up space for recording today.  But first--unfortunately for me--I checked to see how much space was on the recorder's folder (almost zero), then went back to delete the two files.

But when I hit delete . . . the entire folder disappeared.  It was fifty gigs of files, so it took a while to erase, and when I saw what was happening, I hit the X button . . . but the damage was done.  I now had fourteen free gigs of space on the recorder, having deleted everything I had recorded in the past two months.  Everything older was still there, but the irony is, everything older was much more likely to have been backed up than the new files.

Among the deleted was the Outcast episode I recorded last week about finishing my novel and deciding to stop writing, some chapters of "Underdecorated," lines for Marshal's show, Deadbringer audio drama lines, a couple of short stories recorded at the cabin, and the author's note for "Last Friday In December."  Except for the Outcast, all of those are re-doable.  EXCEPT, there's probably something that disappeared that I have forgotten about, and will never occur to me to replace.  Ah well.

So, having botched my productivity for the day, I figure I ought to sit down and re-record about finishing my book and stopping writing (but the results won't be the same, since I finished the novel two weeks ago, and got the idea the next week, and was just kicking it around, rather than in the process of writing on it).

I seem to have caught a cold from my nephew, who complained during the weekend of a stuff head and runny nose, and have gone through enough tissues to build a bonfire (which would be nice on this chilly morning).

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In September: 2535

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In September: 3006

I've been reading this huge, exhaustive book about Walt Disney, and I really poured through it today.  Before very long, it was time to pack things up (always the worst part of every visit, even worse than shoveling gravel or checking the traps for dead animals), and I lamented (as I always do) that I have to leave earlier each trip, to avoid driving home in the dark (which I still ended up doing).

Words Today: 503
Words In September: 17,116

No comments: