Sunday, September 19, 2021

September Sweeps - Day 596

We had a big meal at my mom's house today, with multiple people attending, because it was my nephew's eleventh birthday.  Eleven seems like a pretty good age.

I'm quite fond of my middle nephew (even though he doesn't like to go places with my like his older brother does), and he seems atypically innocent for the 2010s (or whatever we're in now).  I suppose that will go away soon, though I'm sure my sister fears the day when he's no longer affectionate, or emotional, or holds your hand when you cross the street.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In September: 2085

I hadn't seen Cathexis (my niece) in a little while, and she complained about being bored, and I said, "You know what would fix that?  Sitting down and watching a dozen Twilight Zone episodes and doing podcasts about them."  To my surprise, she said, "You know, I was thinking that just the other day."  So, that would please me greatly, if we could start doing that again.

Push-ups Today: 60
Push-ups In September: 2559

I am keeping up the daily writing, though I sure don't want to.  Last night, I jotted down some notes for a new Will Choner ("Lost & Found") story, about a case Will and Beth take on, where the client doesn't want them to succeed.  Then I went ahead and started the story, when what I should have done was unearth the unfinished story from last year, and see if I couldn't complete it, or better yet, combine this idea into that one, and hope it gave me the drive to finish it.

But I'm already more than halfway through it now (it'll be a short one), and maybe finishing it will give me the energy to finish the one that comes before.  Who knows?

Words Today: 565
Words In September: 14,650

No comments: